Tuesday 23 September 2008

Weight

Having arrived back in normal life many people have been commenting on how thin I appear, and it is true there is a lot of rib showing. I've gone down a notch on my belt, although I think I should really be two down, but I've reached the end of the notches. Indeed, by the end of the walk I could actually take the kilt off without undoing it. I'd asked a few people how much they thought I'd lost and most said around a full stone, and I would probably have agreed.

Today I finally had the opportunity to weigh myself and in actual fact it's only half a stone. I was just over 11 and a half stone when I left, and I'm now at just over 11. I can only guess that what's happened is I've lost most of the excess fat I had stored up before I left and some of this was replaced by muscle (I'd wager primarily in the leg regions...), and as muscle is considerably more dense than fat a small amount of extra muscle compensates in weight for quite a lot of fat loss.

No doubt in a couple of weeks time I'll be back to my usual 12-hours-a-day-in-the-office condition...

1 comment:

CarolineMathieson said...

That's normally what happens to me on my caminos. I lose some waistline but not a lot of weight.

Caroline.