Tuesday 9 September 2008

Tele España Extremadura

Tele España Extremadura

About 4 km from Villafranca, where I'm sleeping tonight, I met the team from Tele España, who wanted to do a short report on the project.

Ruben, the journalist and I did a quick interview in the middle of the vinyards. Meanwhile, before, after, and in the breaks in between questions, Lucia, who is in charge of the camera, had me walking up and down to get snippets of action to fill in the report.  If we include all the walking she had me do I think we'd be looking at around 850 miles, rather than 800 for the total.

We then headed up to the village by our various means of transport, car for them (do you know what a TV camera weighs?) and, well you can probably guess how I got there.

Once there we filmed the last few bits and pieces needed for the report, including me entering the village, looking at some signs, shots of the kilt from in front, behind, the side.  It was all good fun, and we had a laugh doing the various takes, and then to the bar, to film me ordering a beer. But in fact it turned out we'd finished, and this was in fact just beer for beer's sake.

After 43 km under the Spanish sun on dirt tracks that first beer is, well I was going to say exquisite, but actually that doesn't do it justice. It's beyond words. And in good company, it's even better.

Thanks to Ruben and the team. For anyone in Extremadura tomorrow I should be on the regional round up at some point.

No comments: