Tuesday 9 September 2008

Pilgrim Hostal Fuente de Cantos

Pilgrim Hostal Fuente de Cantos

It's a delicately converted convent, and is extremely welcoming.  As usual I was the last pilgrim in (barring any spectacular late arrivals still to appear) although for me I was quite pleased with getting here for 7.20.

All the beds had already gone, but luckily they have made up a supplementary bed in a separate room. Pleasantly enough for me this means I have my own private quarters, while the other, more dedicatedly early-arriving, pilgrims are in shared dormitories, fighting for hanging space and subject to the snoring of their fellow travellers.  Whilst I'd like to take a moral lesson from this I suspect it's just randomly good luck.

Any snoring may however be drowned out by the bird song. There appear to be hundreds of birds nesting in the roof of the old building, and each one is trying to outdo the others with the volume of its trilling. It's delightful at the moment but I suspect, come dawn, it may lose something of its beauty.

No comments: