Monday 1 September 2008

New shoes

New shoes

Following on from Saturday's shoe chat, I did indeed acquire a new pair (guess which ones....)  No less than a pair of Decathlon's finest trail running shoes sporting the latest in footwear technology now adorn my feet.

The rule when doing a walk such as this is, never break in new shoes while on the walk. I've clearly flouted this rule fairly flagrantly, but given the suffering the original shoes were inflicting I was willing to take a chance in the hope that whatever badness the new shoes created would still be less miserable than the previous situation.

Thankfully I can report that the brand spanking new Diosaz Raid 500s (as they're titled) seem to have hit the spot with their almost excessively breathable lightweight mesh fabric. The existing blisters have healed, and (apart from one tiny new one that was my fault for. putting my orthotic in wrong - nil points for Nelson) it all seems good. In fact today was the first day since about day two that I've not had to put a variety of plasters, tape, compeed and other blister prevention/cure products on my feet.

Long may it continue. I can think of at least a couple of things I'd rather do to pass the time than burst blisters.

No comments: