Wednesday 10 September 2008

Shelter

Shelter

Thank goodness I headed for shelter at the campsite bar when I did. The storm soon reached it and the furious sallies of thunder and lightening exploding over head were awe inspiring. Several times the lights in the bar flickered and died as the storm's energy over-powered the connections.

I sat it out with a steady supply of chat and wine from Pedro, the manager of the campsite, pictured above.

The storm eventually passed heading north and left gentle rain falling on the sierra, and I headed off south, in part because in order to get to Seville by Friday I had to do some more mileage today and in part because Pedro reckoned the rain was likely to keep falling in the sierra and therefore at the campsite, whereas further south, out of the hills it would likely be dry.

So around 8ish I wandered out into the damp air to see where the evening would take me.

No comments: