Sunday 7 September 2008

Forced March

Forced March

It's just after dawn; today's objective is Merida, which lies a full 50km directly south, so i'm on the road early on a glorious September morning.

The overall plan is to push the pace down to Seville, and get there by Friday. This however means doing 260 km in 6 days (at an average of 43 a day). What makes this section more difficult is that the gaps between the villages are so long (up to 30km) that if I miss any day's target it will become very difficult to get back on track.

If I can get to Seville by Friday however it will make for a very pleasant final week (and give a margin for error to get to Tarifa - important considering the route from Seville to Tarifa is my own invention and completely untested)

1 comment:

CarolineMathieson said...

I guess the main part to be careful of is the section from El Real to Almaden. I would recommend you use the road for that as the "old" signs are likely to take you to the "now closed" estate which you will really struggle to get out of.

If you decide to stay in El Real, then I can recommend Maribel's private refuge at No 70 Calle Real for only 10 euros per night. Say hello to her from me!

Caroline.