Monday 15 September 2008

Technical Problems

Hello all, as you can see from the last post, kindly submitted by my
technical support team in Madrid (who took a break from their romantic
weekend to do so!) my blackberry appears to have a technical issue,
and isn't capable of sending e-mails at the moment. As this is how I
post to the blog it has meant no new posts over the weekend.

I've got a work-around (hence this post), using internet mail, but
it's more complicated to do and I don't think I can upload photos.
I'll do my best to keep you all informed of progress this week if the
technicians being helicoptered in can't fix the problem.

I've spent the day on the road to Lebrija from Palacios, which passes
through the lower Guadalquivir region. The whole area is traversed by
canals, irrigating the crops, which include a lot of cotton.

It's hot, noticeably hotter than at any point on the route apart from
the two days after La Bañeza. I was fully hydrated when I set out this
morning, and over the entire 40km of today I've polished off the
initial 2.5 litres of water I had, plus a litre of sports drink, half
a litre of fanta and another 1.5 litres of water acquired in the first
village I passed through (at the half way point) and to finish a final
half a litre of orange juice, a litre of sports drink and a litre of
water when I arrived in Lejibre. In total that's about 8 litres of
fluid imbibed today to stave off the heat.

In addition when I arrived in Lejibre I discovered that today was the
final day of its Feria, or big party, so it seemed only fair to add in
a couple of refreshing beers to my liquid intake of the day.

No comments: