Thursday 28 August 2008

Lost

Lost

I'm just leaving Zamora. The guidebook doesn't really explain in much detail this section, because it's written for those coming north, entering the city by the way I'm leaving. And if you're arriving it's pretty obvious where you're going i.e. head for the big old buildings on the hill on the other side of the river. However I'm looking for one path out of hundreds that leave the city to the south.

I'd ended up heading out on a road that appeared to follow what the map indicated, but just kept heading west when it looked like I should be turning south. Time to have a mild panic, because I just can't afford to spend three bewildered frustrating hours getting out of town.   However, all of a sudden I saw this faded yellow arrow. It's the right way after all.

Time to hit the straight trails of the meseta again.

3 comments:

Ayma said...

So what happened with the interview, did they find you?

Elspeth said...

You got yourself a publisher yet my friend....

Ayma said...

actually it would have made a great documentary following you around... you're not thinking of doing it again next year, are you?