Thursday 14 August 2008

Beginnings

Beginnings

So finally it's time, after months of talking about this adventure, i'm here in a kilt in Chamartin station in Madrid, waiting for the 10.10 night train to the north and Ferrol, on the Atlantic coast.

As tomorrow is a public holiday the station is a throng of bustling Spaniards all eager to head off for the long weekend, but not so eager they don't look somewhat stunned as a kilted Scot wanders past, looking for platform 5.  In fact I can confirm that I appear to be the only kilt wearer in the entire station.  Having given it due consideration I think I am not going to advise you all when this is the case, rather when I find myself in the company of another kilted fellow I'll be sure to let you know right away.

The train is calling and missing it would be somewhat of a disaster, so I had best be off, to take my place in the queue that's gently forming.

No comments: