Saturday 16 August 2008

Day 2

Day 2

Around 5ish I was woken by blinding lights and tumultuous crashes, as a huge lightening storm burst into life right above As Pontes. As I lay watching nature's fury unfold outside the window I was rather glad I'd opted not to camp out just before or after the town. I can probably handle a bit of rain (Scots have some experience in this) but I'm not sure how much protection my extreme lightweight one man tent would offer against a direct lightening strike. 

It's now morning, and the storm has passed, leavng a gentle drizzle, which is very Scottish. I feel right at home.  I'm just about to head out and see what As Pontes has to offer in the breakfast stakes, and I'll probably do so hobbling a bit at first because as expected the 25 miles of yesterday have left me a little sore today, but I reckon a bit of compeed on the impending blisters, plus a bit of stretching for the joints and I'll be grand.

Today offers a gentle 22 miles or so down to Guitiriz, which lies on the main A-6 autopista, or motorway, which connects Madrid and Galicia, but if the rain gets any heavier it could turn into a fairly gruelling trudge.

No comments: