Wednesday 20 August 2008

Donations

Donations

Many many people have now donated to the cause and I am truly grateful to every one of them.  My intention was, where I could, to thank each donor personally, but given how crazy organising this got in the last couple of weeks before leaving and the fact that for some people I don't have contact details I realise lots of people have donated and not heard from me. If that's the case then, "Thank you!"

We've just passed 4,000 pounds donated, which with the tax rebate in the UK and the 1,300 Euros my company, Deloitte, are donating means we're very close to, if not over 6,000 pounds.  Wow.

This money will make a huge difference to the National Amyloidosis Centre in their search for a cure.  The hope remains that in a few years time a patient will be told they have amyloidosis, but, unlike now, that they have no need to worry, as the disease is simply a treatable nuisance. Each donation brings that day closer.

Here in Spain I see the donations coming in on the Blackberry and the effect each one has is incredible. Blisters disappear, the next climb flattens out, and the 10 miles to day's end turns into a stroll round the block.

So, thank you.

No comments: