Thursday 21 August 2008

Day 7

Day 7

It's another glorious morning, crossing the picturesque Galician highlands, in the fresh mountain air.

Last night I stayed in beautiful Fonfria, which has a great hostal, with a slightly hippy vibe, the nicest hosts you could imagine and a fantastic dinner. Four courses and a seemingly never ending supply of wine.

Fonfria didn't have mobile coverage so there are a few things I need to put up from yesterday, but at the moment I need to make tracks because Ross Campbell, who joins the walk today for the long weekend, has landed in Spain and is en route to our meeting point as I post. I'm somewhat behind schedule as I've just spent half an hour dealing with "The return of the blisters", a painful sequel indeed. They've been given a solid popping so hopefully I'll make good progress from here on in. Given Ross's fondness for good spanish red wine I fear for his state if I leave him on his own in a bar for too long.

No comments: